Don't Escape is the first game of the Don't Escape series. It's a puzzle game that is basically a parody of escape room games, as the goal of this game is to interact with items in the room to make it so you can't escape. The player character is a werewolf, whose goal is to trap themselves in a cabin so that they do not kill anyone when the full moon rises and they shift into their beast form.
The game can be found here:
I woke up in a room. The room is not locked and I remember... everything. I'm a werewolf. Tonight I will turn and people will die... Unless I find a way to prevent myself from leaving this place. I must make sure that whatever happens, I Don't Escape.
The goal of the game is to lock yourself in the cabin, so that you do not escape when you turn into a werewolf. Explore the cabin to find items and tools to secure the exits. Unlike Don't Escape 2 and Don't Escape 3, there is no time limit.
Securing the house more effectively will result in a better score with less people killed, while badly securing the house will result in many deaths. I will be providing a tutorial on how to prevent the player character from killing anyone in werewolf form.
- Grab the rope, which is on a hook on the left side of this wall
- Go through the door.
- Grab the axe, firewood, (these two are located to the left of the screen)
- Grab a mushroom (this is sort of hard to see; it is in the bottom right corner)
- Grab the chain (this item can be seen peeking out from under the roof towards the right side of the house)
- Go back inside.
- Close the door.
- Click the left side of the screen to go to the storage area.
- Take the herb hanging on a hook above the table.
- Hover your mouse at the top of the screen. A menu will drop down consisting of your items. Click on the axe and then click on the table and chairs, which will be turned into wooden planks. Pick them up.
- Click the left side of the screen to go to the bed area.
- NOTE: You can take the root that is sitting atop a barrel, but it is unnecessary.
- Click under the bed and on the jacket hanging above the bed to gain a silver key and a gold key.
- Search through the cabinet's drawers to find a tinderbox, which you should take.
- Close the window and use the latch, which is on the left shutter.
- Click on the right side of the screen to go back to the storage area.
- Use the gold key on the chest to the right and open it to find a hammer and nails.
- Click on the right side of the screen to go back to the door.
- Use the silver key on the door to lock it, and then push the cabinet in front of it by clicking on the cabinet's left side.
- Click on the right side of the screen to go to the fireplace.
- Take the bottle sitting on the table on the right and look at the note beside it.
- This note describes your situation, but if you click on the left side of the screen, you will see a helpful riddle describing how to make a potion that weakens werewolves.
- This riddle was given to the player character before the game started by a witch. The riddle says that a handful of hot dust, a crunchy herb, and something that grows in the ground but is not a plant is needed to weaken the beast. The hot dust is the spice in a compartment in this room, the crunchy herb is the herb you took from the storage room, and the thing that grows in the ground is the mushroom you took.
- Click on a dark area near the bottom of the screen on the floor. This is a storage compartment. Open it and take the spice and meat inside.
- Put the wood logs into the fireplace and use your tinderbox on it.
- Place the herb, spice, and mushroom into the pot in any order you wish. DO NOT USE THE ROOT, it will render the potion ineffective. Use the glass bottle on the pot, but do not drink it.
- Go to the storage area.
- Place the meat on the hook, and then use the potion on the meat.
- Go to the bed.
- Use the planks on the closed window, and then use the hammer and nails on the planks. This will board the window shut.
- Look around the house to make sure that you have placed the poisoned meat on the hook in storage, boarded up the window above the bed and put the latch in the closed position, and locked the front door and placed a cabinet in front of it.
- In the menu, you will see your face, a rope, and a chain. Use the rope and chain on yourself, and then click the hourglass to finish.