MURDER is a 2014 Flash game developed by Studio Seufz, who are based in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Space Bar: Charge stab (as the killer), look behind (as the king)
You start the game as an assassin plotting to kill the king. Your goal is to sneak up behind the king and quietly take him out without being noticed. While you're following the king, you must charge yourself up to stab the king by holding down the space bar; if you manage to fill the bar up completely, you kill the king and get to take his place, but if the king sees you the game is lost and you have to start over. Make sure to stop holding the space bar when the king looks back to avoid being noticed.
Once you become the new king, you can now press the space bar to look behind you whenever you want as you walk down the castle halls. Constantly turning around as the king is necessary to catch other people that may be trying to kill you, be it random castle staff or another assassin. Enemy assassins are tricky to catch and can only be caught in the act by turning around just before they are about to stab you, but any other character can be caught at any time. Not everyone is out to ice you, though; some of the characters give you perks if they're allowed to get to you, so be careful who you decide to imprison.
While playing as the king, the red bar at the top of the screen slowly depletes; once it's completely empty, you'll die of old age and the game will restart (unless you let the good butler, one of the friendly characters, reach you, in which case you unlock a secret ending).
- Don’t be afraid to let your knife drop if the king looks back.
- Use the skills you’ve learned as the advisor to look for an assassination attempt when you’re the king!
- If the king coughs, blinks or looks back, it means the king is about to turn around.
- If you're the king, do not imprison the butler in orange, let him get to you.