Papa's Pancakeria is a game in the Papa Louie series. It's the fifth cooking simulator game (aka "Gameria") in the series, and is the sequel to Papa's Freezeria. It involves making pancakes and drinks for the various customers that visit the establishment.
Cooper/Prudence (depending on who you chose to play as) is driving around with his/her pet cat Cooper/dog Pickle, when he/she notices Papa's Pizzeria and decides to drop in to buy a pizza. He/She leaves his/her pet in the car while he/she enters the establishment, only for Cookie/Pickle to notice a squirrel and get out of the car to chase it. When Cooper/Prudence returns to the car, he/she is devastated to find that his/her pet is missing. The next day, Cooper/Prudence puts up lost pet posters in the hopes that someone will find Cookie/Pickle. Later that same day, Cooper/Prudence gets a call from Papa Louie who says that he found Cookie/Pickle. He tells Cooper/Prudence to come to his new restaurant, Papa's Pancakeria, to pick up the recovered pet, to which Cooper/Prudence happily obliges. After arriving at the Pancakeria, Cooper/Prudence is reunited with his/her pet, but notices that Cookie/Pickle has a note in his/her mouth. Cookie/Pickle then scampers off while Cooper/Prudence examines the note, which reads, "Cookie/Pickle really likes it here in the Pancakeria. I need a favor too -- Run the shop while I'm gone. - Papa Louie." Cookie/Pickle then returns with a spatula in his/her mouth, and Cooper/Prudence has little choice but to accept the position.
In this game you play as either Cooper or Prudence (you can choose which one you play as when creating a new save file) as they spend their days working at the Pancakeria. Each level constitutes one day of business at the Pancakeria. During a day, a number of customers come in and place orders for pancakes and drinks, and your objective is to create the food to their specifications. This is done through four different stations: one for taking orders, two for making the pancakes, and one for making the drinks. When a meal is completed and sent to a customer, the customer will judge the food based on how long they had to wait for it and how accurately the food matches their order, and give a corresponding score. If a customer gives a high score, they will also give you a tip, along with up to three minigame tickets. The points you get from customer scores give you XP that goes towards achieving a higher rank, allowing you to unlock more of the game's content, and the tips can be used to buy decorations for your lobby and upgrades to make it easier to make the food. Meanwhile, the minigame tickets are used to access and play minigames of varying nature after each day; these minigames give various rewards including extra tips and new furniture if you win them.
The ultimate goal of the game is to reach a high enough rank to unlock everything. Aside from customers, there are two other ways to earn tips: weekly paydays and badges. Paydays give you a large amount of tips once every seven days, and badges are in-game achievements that give you a small tip once completed.
In addition to earning tips and points, doing well on a customer's order also gives the customer a star. When a customer gets five stars, they get a Customer Medal that causes them to give you higher tips when you do well. The medal gets upgraded every five stars; the first medal customers obtain is the Bronze Medal, then the Silver Medal, and finally the Gold Medal.
Aside from normal customers, you also have to contend with Closers; the Closers are a group of seven customers that are more picky about their food than normal customers, and will judge you more harshly when critiquing the food you give them. One Closer always appears as the last customer of each day (except for Day 1), and unlike normal customers, they don't appear randomly; each Closer is tied to one day of the week. On Sundays, the most judgemental Closer of all, Jojo the Food Critic, will visit the Pancakeria. His scoring is even harsher than the other six Closers', and unlike any other customer in the game, he orders something completely different every time he visits. If you serve him well, Jojo will reward you with a Blue Ribbon award; the Blue Ribbon stays on your counter for the next three days, causing customers to give you higher tips during that time.
- Order Station: Check on customers and take orders.
- Grill Station: Cook the pancakes.
- Build Station: Add toppings to the pancakes.
- Drink Station (unlocked at Rank 15): Make the drinks.
- Pancakes (Available from the start of the game)
- French Toast (Unlocked at Rank 4)
- Waffles (Unlocked at Rank 7)
- Blueberry Mix (Unlocked at Rank 11)
- Chocolate Chip Mix (Unlocked at Rank 12)
- Pecan Mix (Unlocked at Rank 13)
- Bacon Mix (Unlocked at Rank 14)
- Blueberries (Available from the start of the game)
- Butter (Available from the start of the game)
- Bananas (Unlocked on Day 2)
- Chocolate Chips (Unlocked at Rank 2)
- Raspberries (Unlocked at Rank 5)
- Cinnamon (Unlocked at Rank 6)
- Strawberries (Unlocked at Rank 9)
- Powdered Sugar (Unlocked at Rank 10)
- Blueberry Syrup (Available from the start of the game)
- Maple Syrup (Available from the start of the game)
- Whipped Cream (Unlocked at Rank 3)
- Honey Syrup (Unlocked at Rank 8)
- Coffee (Unlocked at Rank 15)
- Decaf (Unlocked at Rank 15)
- Tea (Unlocked at Rank 16)
- Orange Juice (Unlocked at Rank 18)
- Milk (Unlocked at Rank 20)
- Cranberry Juice (Unlocked at Rank 21)
- Small (Unlocked at Rank 15)
- Large (Unlocked at Rank 15)
- Cream (Unlocked at Rank 15)
- Sugar (Unlocked at Rank 15)
- Ice (Unlocked at Rank 17)
- Cocoa (Unlocked at Rank 19)
- Peggy (Tutorial)
- Taylor (Tutorial)
- Timm (Unlocked on Day 2)
- Wendy (Unlocked at Rank 4)
- Penny (Unlocked at Rank 7)
- Roy (Unlocked at Rank 9)
- Tohru (Unlocked at Rank 11)
- Big Pauly (Unlocked at Rank 12)
- Kayla (Unlocked at Rank 13)
- James (Unlocked at Rank 14)
- Wally (Unlocked at Rank 15)
- Lisa (Unlocked at Rank 16)
- Ivy (Unlocked at Rank 17)
- Greg (Unlocked at Rank 18)
- Utah (Unlocked at Rank 19)
- Marty (Unlocked at Rank 20)
- Kingsley (Unlocked at Rank 21)
- Bruna Romano (Unlocked at Rank 22)
- Alberto (Unlocked at Rank 23)
- Yippy (Unlocked at Rank 24)
- Carlo Romano (Unlocked at Rank 25)
- Captain Cori (Unlocked at Rank 26)
- Allan (Unlocked at Rank 27)
- Mandi (Unlocked at Rank 28)
- Tony (Unlocked at Rank 29)
- Vicki (Unlocked at Rank 30)
- Edna (Unlocked at Rank 31)
- Little Edoardo (Unlocked at Rank 32)
- Mary (Unlocked at Rank 33)
- Gremmie (Unlocked at Rank 34)
- Matt (Unlocked at Rank 35)
- Maggie (Unlocked at Rank 36)
- Sarge Fan (Unlocked at Rank 37)
- Connor (Unlocked at Rank 38)
- Gino Romano (Unlocked at Rank 39)
- Rita (Unlocked at Rank 40)
- Mitch (Unlocked at Rank 41)
- Foodini (Unlocked at Rank 42)
- Papa Louie (Unlocked at Rank 43)
- Hank (Monday Closer)
- Kahuna (Tuesday Closer)
- Quinn (Wednesday Closer)
- Xandra (Thursday Closer)
- Ninjoy (Friday Closer)
- Johnny (Saturday Closer)
- Jojo (Sunday Closer)
Customers First Appearing in This Game
Customers First Appearing in the Mobile Versions
This game has two updated mobile ports, Papa's Pancakeria HD and Papa's Pancakeria to Go! In addition to featuring all the customers from the original Gamerias, these ports also introduces the following customers:
- Newbie - Starting Rank, Earns $100 on Payday
- Trainee - Achieved at 300 XP, Earns $105 on Payday
- Tray Cleaner - Achieved at 750 XP, Earns $110 on Payday
- Cashier - Achieved at 1,350 XP, Earns $115 on Payday
- Toast Topper - Achieved at 2,100 XP, Earns $120 on Payday
- Ticket Handler - Achieved at 3,000 XP, Earns $125 on Payday
- Cinnamaster - Achieved at 4,050 XP, Earns $130 on Payday
- Waffle Wrangler - Achieved at 5,250 XP, Earns $135 on Payday
- Order Attendant - Achieved at 6,600 XP, Earns $140 on Payday
- Berry Buddy - Achieved at 8,100 XP, Earns $145 on Payday
- Topping Artist - Achieved at 9,750 XP, Earns $150 on Payday
- Mixable Trainee - Achieved at 11,550 XP, Earns $155 on Payday
- Pancake Fan - Achieved at 13,500 XP, Earns $160 on Payday
- Pecan Fan - Achieved at 15,600 XP, Earns $165 on Payday
- Mixable Master - Achieved at 17,850 XP, Earns $170 on Payday
- Drink Assistant - Achieved at 20,250 XP, Earns $175 on Payday
- Tea Brewer - Achieved at 22,800 XP, Earns $180 on Payday
- Ice Dispenser - Achieved at 25,500 XP, Earns $185 on Payday
- Orange Juicer - Achieved at 28,350 XP, Earns $190 on Payday
- Cocoa Champ - Achieved at 31,350 XP, Earns $195 on Payday
- Milk Server - Achieved at 34,500 XP, Earns $200 on Payday
- Crantastic - Achieved at 37,800 XP, Earns $205 on Payday
- Cream Whipper - Achieved at 41,250 XP, Earns $210 on Payday
- Maple Master - Achieved at 44,850 XP, Earns $215 on Payday
- Honey Drizzler - Achieved at 48,500 XP, Earns $220 on Payday
- Blueberry Buddy - Achieved at 52,500 XP, Earns $225 on Payday
- Butter Lover - Achieved at 56,550 XP, Earns $230 on Payday
- Top Banana - Achieved at 60,750 XP, Earns $235 on Payday
- Super Stacker - Achieved at 65,100 XP, Earns $240 on Payday
- Coffee Bro - Achieved at 69,600 XP, Earns $245 on Payday
- Griddle Hero - Achieved at 74,250 XP, Earns $250 on Payday
- Waffle Ironer - Achieved at 79,050 XP, Earns $255 on Payday
- Flapjack Flipper - Achieved at 84,000 XP, Earns $260 on Payday
- Hotcake Hero - Achieved at 89,100 XP, Earns $265 on Payday
- French Toast Fanatic - Achieved at 94,350 XP, Earns $270 on Payday
- Part-Time Manager - Achieved at 99,750 XP, Earns $275 on Payday
- Morning Master - Achieved at 105,300 XP, Earns $280 on Payday
- Breakfast Chef - Achieved at 111,000 XP, Earns $285 on Payday
- Restaurant Manager - Achieved at 116,800 XP, Earns $290 on Payday
- Sunrise Specialist - Achieved at 122,850 XP, Earns $295 on Payday
- Pancakeria Pro - Achieved at 129,000 XP, Earns $300 on Payday
- Breakfast Champion - Achieved at 135,250 XP, Earns $305 on Payday
- Better Than Papa! - Achieved at 141,750 XP, Earns $310 on Payday (this goes up by $5 every time you earn an additional 6,300 XP)
- Jojo's Burger Slots: Jojo wants a burger with three specific ingredients, and you have to use a slot machine to create a burger that matches his request. The machine has three perpetually spinning slots, each featuring a different number of ingredients. To make the slots stop spinning, you have to click on the green buttons corresponding to each slot, and you have to try and make the slots land on the ingredients that Jojo wants. If you match all three ingredients, you win the minigame.
- Pizza Pachinko: Your task is to drop a metal ball from the top of the screen into a field of pizza-themed obstacles in hopes of it landing in the center hole; if it lands in the center hole, you win. The placement of the obstacles gets trickier the more times you win this game.
- Hallway Hunt: You're shown four customers, each one standing in front of a door. You're then assigned a customer, and the screen goes completely black with only the customers' eyes being illuminated. The eyes will move around for a short while, leaving it up to you to keep track of which pair of eyes is your customer's. After this, the screen lights back up with all four customers hiding behind a door, and you have to pick one of the doors. If you pick the door your assigned customer was hiding behind, you win. The blackout gets more challenging the more times you win this game; extra pairs of eyes will start entering the screen to confuse you.
- Blender Ball: Your task is to roll a ball of cookie dough onto a board with several holes. Choosing the appropriate level of power, you have to try to get the ball into the small hole with a star symbol above it; if you do, you win.
- Breakfast Blast: Pancakes, waffles, and french toast fly across the screen, and your goal is to shoot a certain number of them before the time runs out. If you shoot the required number of foods, you win; the target number gets bigger the more times you win.
- Spin n' Sauce: You're tasked with spinning a wheel featuring many different sauces, and the goal is to have it land on the Foodini Sauce space. This can be accomplished by simply spinning the wheel when your power level is at the highest point.
- Customer Cravings: You're presented with a customer along with several orders, one of which is the customer's usual order. You have to match the customer with the right order; do this for five customers in a row and you win.
- This is the first Gameria in which Papa Louie is unlocked at a specific rank just like every other customer instead of after you achieve a Gold Medal for every other customer in the game.
- The Breakfast Blast minigame is very similar to the NES game Duck Hunt; it even features the player's pet (either Cookie or Pickle, depending on whether you're playing as Cooper or Prudence respectively) emerging from a bush to laugh at you if you miss a target, just like the Duck Hunt dog.
- All of the Gamerias have a representative color on Flipline.com; Papa's Pancakeria's representative color is yellow.